Saturday, August 30, 2008

Imperfection.

No one is perfect. Of course no one is to blame, and we shouldn't be judging anyone, but it's human nature. It's human nature that I feel a certain dislike of people who try to act perfect but still act like they're no different from someone next to them. Let me explain this a little more. Of course a christian is one who acts like Christ. I know that I have my faults. I know that I mess up. I know that my actions reflect my character. What's amazing is that...we as human beings...condemn each other for our wrongs. If I make one small mistake, someone will immediately point that out and put me on the spot. Is it wrong to be so judgmental? I don't think so. The way I see it.... is that....if we as christians fall and stumble, we're put on the spot because we're supposed to be like "Christ". That's in a literal term. Because Jesus died on the cross for us, shouldn't we be saved and happy? No. We should strive to be like Christ in every way we can. Of course it's hard, and it's almost impossible for most people, but what keeps us from trying to be like Him? Is it the fear of being caught up for your mistakes? Is it the fear of being judged by everyone around you? Maybe it's the fear of not being accepted. It could be the fear of the sacrifices you have to make in order to follow Christ. Honestly, I have all of those fears. It's only human that you feel that way. If you don't have any of those fears...then kudos to you. Some people out there are always looking for faults that christians have. What can you do about it? sure you can read your bible and pray...but really...what does that do if your faith in God isn't solid? Personally....I can say that my faith and belief in God is as solid as a rock. I'm judged almost everyday. by christians and nonchristians alike. So what keeps me up and believing in what I believe in? My personal relationship with God. Theres no way to describe it. It's a personal relationship. Yeah I'm not perfect. I sin. I do things I'm not supposed to do....but what gives you the right to judge me? What gives you the right as a human being to say what's right and wrong? The way I see it...this world is controlled by the Devil. he finds ways to make you fall and to drive you away from God in any way possible. He can turn everyone away from you. He can make your life take crazy turns and put you in situations that you think you can't handle. I know that I've gone through it, and I'm far from escaping it, but God will either make me go through it, to come back up stronger, or allow me to go through it because of my stupidity and shortsightedness. God can guide you and help you through any block the devils put in front of you. Everyone has their shortcomings, but thanks to God, we're given the chance to live our lives with God guiding us in anything and everything if we just accept that no one is perfect, that we're sinners, and if we believe that God sent his one and only pure, perfect, blameless, and righteous son Jesus to die for our sins to allow us to have a personal relationship with God and if we ask God to be in control of anything and everything in our lives. I might be wrong and I might just be rambling about nothing, but this is what I believe in.

No comments: