Thursday, December 4, 2008

Groups, cliches, and acquantinces.

Today I walked around American at lunch. By myself. I was listening to music, and I was thinking to myself, Why do people act so differently around friends? What makes it so attractive to be accepted into a group, that is so judgemental? I don't know, that's just me talking. I've been through a lot. Groups that judge by sight and actions. I know I don't fit in. I know that I'm not accepted, at least fully by everyone. God accepts me with open arms. While I was walking around school, I just focused on those people that sat alone. That ate alone. That walked alone. I don't know why I focused on them so much. I even imagined Jesus, being alone. No one talking to him, no one saying hi, no one even acknowledging him. When Jesus was put on the cross, no one wanted to have anything to do with him. Peter even denied him three times. We do this every single day. No matter how we look at it, I personally think, that we can't fully trust in God enough to pull through for everything we want from him, because we ALWAYS forget that God is here. God is infinite. God is really indescribable. He's so many things, and He's perfect. God can open up your eyes and reveal to you, anything and everything you've asked to see and probably more. God can rejuvenate you, and give you the burning passion that you've been searching for. Lately, I've been thinking about what Jesus said when He returns.

(Mat 25:41 NIV) "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

(Mat 25:42 NIV) For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,

(Mat 25:43 NIV) I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

(Mat 25:44 NIV) "They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

(Mat 25:45 NIV) "He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.

I don't want to say, that I never invited Jesus in, or that I gave him nothing to eat and drink, or I never clothed him, or looked after him in prison. I hear stories of people seeing Jesus' face on those in need. I hear of people who really just give up everything just so they can store up their treasures in heaven. We hear that phrase almost every weekend. Store your treasures in Heaven. I don't think enough people take that saying seriously, including myself. I think it's time to start living as Jesus would want me to live. PS. I read Crazy Love. It was a pretty good book. If you want to read a book to challenge yourself to your christian walk, or even just get a jumpstart to get back with God, read that book. God works in very mysterious ways. :D

No comments: