Sunday, March 29, 2009

ONE OH one.

so I felt nostalgic and decided to open up my 6th grade yearbook.
So many memories were packed into that 60 page book. Old
friends, good times, and even the bad memories that
stayed because we chose to make something fun out
of it. Let's take for example the field trip to
Lake Elizabeth. Otherwise known as the 6th grade
picnic. The weather was perfect, the birds were
cleared out, and the food was eh... alright.
A lot of the kids didn't want to eat the
Samosas that we got since it was indian.
Very immature to think like that, but hey,
we were 11-12. One unpleasant memory that I had
from this event was that our teachers were being
very unreasonable and telling us to stay within
our own classes. So the kids from room 17 could only
stay with the kids from room 17. All of my close friends
were seperated into different rooms, so I was in
a very bitter mood. Eventually, we thought about
some plan, and made the most out of the opportunity
we were given. We played tag, talked about the summer,
talked about skating, tried to impress each other by
doing stupid stunts like jumping the farthest from
a swing, and even made up some games to pass the
time.


I feel sorry for elementary kids these days,
because I feel that they're not getting the
same experiences. I think they're being affected
the most with the budget cuts and school staff
being fired. Hopefully this will all clear up
soon.
I want to go visit Ardenwood sometime soon, but I
feel that nothing will be familiar. Most of my old
teachers either moved or retired. I really hope some
are still around.

No comments: